Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Ugly/Tacky Christmas Sweater Party
This year our Life Group had our traditional Christmas party with a twist! We all were to find and wear the ugliest/tackiest Christmas sweaters around town. At the party, we were to model our outfit and there would be a winner. Some people found them in their mom's or grandma's closets!! Some were actually told that they wanted the sweater back to wear this season! Those mom's and grandma's will remain nameless...
I know you all are wanting me to explain why on earth I didn't stop with the too small ugly Christmas vest. So, here's the story.......
After putting my size medium ugly Christmas vest on, my husband told me that I didn't look tacky enough. I had planned that just the fact that it was 2 sizes too small was funny and tacky enough. So, I thought, "Hmm...what could I do to make it tackier??" That's when the tackiness began! Unfortunately for anyone who is related to me, it began and I couldn't stop!
As you can see in the picture above, I did a pretty good job of making myself look a little more tacky. What began as an ugly vest became an ugly outfit. First, I added a door hanger (from my bedroom door) to the back of my vest. I tucked my jeans into my red and white toe socks so they would look like boots. And then the greatest idea of all came as I was walking through the living room. The Christmas tree skirt looked up at me and said "Wear me! I am definitely ugly enough, and you would look really, really tacky with me on" How could I say no to that??!! On it went. When I walked back into the bedroom, Nick laughed, and I knew that I was now tacky enough.
So, there you have it, an explanation of that hideous picture of me!
As for Nick's outfit, the women's sweater vest/dickie combo couldn't have looked better on anyone else!
Oh, and by the way, I did not win the grand prize :( BUT I did win the prize for "Do not get pulled over on the way home, the cops would never believe alcohol wasn't involved" YAY!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment