Saturday, September 20, 2008

FLORIDA!!!! day 1

Well, we survived the long drive here, especially long because we left at midnight last night! I have officially slept approximately 30 minutes since 9:45 am Friday...it is now 8:41 pm Saturday. I will sleep good tonight (I hope). The kids traveled GREAT! They didn't sleep the whole way, which was hoped for, but not expected. (AND) They have done exceptionally well today with little sleep. I am very proud.

That being said-Evan and Gracie got to go to the beach today. It was Evan's second time, but he was only 1 last time we were here, so he doesn't remember anything. I had fun watching them react to the sand and the waves. Gracie didn't like the sand at first, but quickly became friends with it. She helped Nick build a "castle" and is looking forward to going back tomorrow. Evan had the most fun sea shell hunting in the ocean with Mommy, Papaw Phil, and Papaw Paul. He has a good collection going already, even after he spilled them all in the ocean and had to start over again.

So, overall a successful, fun-filled first day in Florida. Here are just a few of the 94(!!!) pictures I took today.



No comments:

Some of our Favorite Songs